Our indoor Kickball League is adapted to fit the needs of special populations and includes a functional fitness component along with teamwork and light competition.
The games have a familiar structure each week to provide consistency and familiarity for participants. Two agencies will compete against each other each week.
We begin with a group warm-up. Usually a short walk/jog/run to increase blood flow and raise the heart rate, followed by both dynamic and static stretching. During the stretches we encourage participants to take turn leading the group encouraging responsibility and leadership and fostering self-confidence. (10 mins).
After the warm-up the agencies will begin with a 15-minute no out game – so everyone has the opportunity to run the bases. This is followed by a 30-minute game of 3 innings with 5 outs per inning. The atmosphere is one of light competition with team building, inclusiveness and socialization within larger groups and with people being the main focus.
- Our instructors lead the class and ensure they are inclusive and safe.
- The role of agency staff is to support and assist the participants, joining in when appropriate.
- Each session runs for 7 weeks between October and May on Fridays between 1030am-1200pm.
- Classes are 50-55 minutes with a maximum of 15 participants per agency.
- The price per agency is $650. At the end of one session per year individuals will receive participation medals.
Please contact Graham Smith at GrahamS@rsc-inc.org.