Our Ball Sports classes inclusive and open to all. Classes are also adapted to fit the needs of special populations and includes physical activities targeted to improving the functional fitness level of every individual who attends.
Classes begin with a group warm up. Usually a short walk/jog/run to increase blood circulation and raise the heart rate, followed by both dynamic and static stretches. During the warm up/stretches we encourage participants to take turn leading the group encouraging responsibility and leadership and fostering self confidence. (10-15 mins).
Classes move to a single theme of either individual challenges or team building competition using a wide variety of balls. Taking turns, mutual support, sharing and identifying as part of a team are the major focus. (15-20 mins).
Classes almost always finish with a soccer game covering the last 15-20 minutes.
- Our Instructors lead the classes and ensure they are inclusive and safe.
- The role of the agency staff is to support and assist the participants, joining in when appropriate.
- Ballsport sessions are usually once or twice per week for 8-10 weeks.
- Classes are 50-55 minutes.
- Prices are per hour, with a maximum of 22 participants.